The club was first formed in 1924 and was based at the Deal Council Bowling green. In 1934 the club moved to its own green, in its current location of The Drive in Mill Road. In 1948 a ladies section was formed and the two sectors amalgamated in 2007 and the ladies became full members of the club. The club house has grown from a small timber pavilion to the present spacious premises mostly due to the work of a succession of enthusiastic club members.
The club has a high quality outdoor green which is reputed to be the best in Kent and hosts county competitions as well as a full programme of fixtures and club competitions during the outdoor season from late April to the end of September.
In the winter season the club has two indoor rinks which are used throughout the week for rollup s (practice sessions) in the mornings, and league competitions during the afternoons and evenings, through the winter indoor season from October to mid April. The club also runs a programme of social events through the year.
In July the club hosts a Mens Open Tournament with singles, pairs and triples trophies, the prize money total being £1000.